Subject: Re: Color X support II CI
To: Xavier Garcia Adanez <adanezx@acm.org>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1998 23:52:08
>I've just got up and running macBSD and X on a Mac II CI with 20 Megs of RAM
>and it works fine. What I wanted to know is if the slotman kernel does support
>the internal video on a Mac II CI. Is the Apple Toby Frame buffer the internal
>II CI video board ?

Ok, the Toby Frame Buffer isn't the IIci's internal video. The Toby Frame
Buffer is a NuBus video card you can get separately.

Slotman doesn't support internal video, it's only for NuBus cards.

The positive news is, I have a IIci that I'm borrowing from a friend and I'm
working on getting internal video support working. I didn't have alot of time
to work on the drivers but I'm making the time now. Hopefully I can get
something out soon. I've made some promising steps forward this past weekend.
Stay tuned to this list for more info.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill