Subject: Okay... what's the best bet ether card for an LC?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Brendle <BLI@PSUVM.PSU.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1998 15:29:00
Well... once again I'm back wanting to play with netbsd on my old LC (perf. 430
actually). If you recall, I had tried before and had problems... I had a wierd
Asante NIC that had a DP832932VF chipset and was matching up with the ae driver
at boot and I could get no further. Then ran into problems with a freeze on
boot using -current. Well... I have a perfectly good new 3GB hard drive and the
old mac still sitting here gathering dust so I thought I'd go back to the reg.
kernel instead of -current and ask what ethernet card I should buy to be best
off w/ support (and toss the one I have into the pile for the next time I need
one under MacOS only). I know that Farallon, Asante and Sonic make 10Base-T
and/or combo cards for the LC, which one is the best bet for compatibility??
At this point throwing an additional $100 into a new card makes more sensethan
writing the whole idea off. thanks!!

-jeff
penn state