Subject: Re: SE/30
To: Wayne Stewart <waynestewart@mactobasics.com.au>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1998 09:37:19
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Wayne Stewart wrote:

> I have just installed netBSD on my SE/30 but am having some difficulties...
>
> 1/  I can only boot from the Mac volume - the kernel can't be found under
> the name netBSD or netBSD-generic?

	Are you using 'netbsd' (not case is significant).

> 2/  How do I activate X-window?

	Install the X set and enable xdm in /etc/rc.conf or login and run
	'startx' (I don't run NetBSD on a mac, just on other machines, so
	someone else on the list might be able to help more :)

> 3/  My SE/30 has a sonic ethernet card - how do I configure this?  How can I
> set my TCP etc settings?

	You might want to check out
	http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/index.html
	to start with