Subject: making a job current
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1998 10:37:55
I use pine for e-mail and if you start a second instance of pine it is
VERY slow to open as it tries to get the mailbox lock and inevitably
fails. Thus, I was write a little perl script to see if pine was already
running. I'd really like this script to bring pine to the foreground if it
is already running. However, I don't know how to bring a job to the
foreground. If I use the exec or system commands this seems to invoke
_another_ shell which has no concept of the jobs in the original shell. Is
there a way to bring a job to the foreground by pid?

Thanks,

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO