Subject: Re: Errors on Running NetBSD...
To: None <jploudre@yahoo.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1998 07:09:34
On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 10:00:05 -0800 (PST), Jonathan Ploudre wrote:

> I decided to try to run NetBSD on my Quadra 650 but ran into some
> problems. The installation readme said to mail you. So here is the
> error:
>
> While booting NetBSD the last few lines read:

Tell us which distribution you are using.  1.3, 1.3.1, or 1.3.2?  Or a
current snapshot (if so, date, please)?

> adb: bus subsystem
> Panic: Reshndl table too small!!
> Stopped at _Debugger +0x6: unlk a6
> db>

If you have a non-standard ADB device such as Kensington Turbo Mouse,
try booting without it and see if it alleviates the problem.  Older
"Mac ROM Glue" ADB driver had this trouble sometimes.  Newer "Hardware
Direct" ADB driver should not any more.

I'm not sure which driver the 1.3.2 kernels use, but with current
snapshots, you get to pick a kernel with either driver (in addition to
the SCSI driver choice, which is irrelevant to your Quadra anyway).

Ken