Subject: Errors on Running NetBSD...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Ploudre <jploudre@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/15/1998 10:00:05
Howdy.

I decided to try to run NetBSD on my Quadra 650 but ran into some
problems. The installation readme said to mail you. So here is the
error:

While booting NetBSD the last few lines read:

adb: bus subsystem
Panic: Reshndl table too small!!
Stopped at _Debugger +0x6: unlk a6
db>

I am running a Quadra 650 with 56 MB ram and have NetBSD on an
external hard drive. My problem with NetBSD might be related to a Mac
problem that I have been unable to figure out yet--I always have a bad
heap (the second heap) at 000021D0 on my system. It is bad even when I
invoke Macsbug during startup and using Sys 7.5.1 and 8.0. I don't
know what that heap is (I guess it is part of the System). I (often?)
get unexplainable crashes with bus errors doing simple things like
saving. I suspect the bus errors have to do with the bad heap which as
a bad nonrelocatable point. I'm not a programmer--I like high level
stuff like scripting--so my understanding of the preceding paragraph
is really murky.

Anyhow, any idea how to get NetBSD running or whether the two problems
are related would be appreciated.
==
Jonathan "Nathan" Ploudre
The path to authority is service.