Subject: Re: MS-DOS disks from NetBSD/mac68k
To: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@exit109.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/1998 20:23:37
On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, John Ruschmeyer wrote:

> Since there's no HFS driver bu there is an MS-DOS fs driver, I was wondering
> if there was a way to mount a DOS-format Zip disk (or other removable)
> from NetBSD/mac68k? I assume that the on-the-fly diklabel generation is
> going to be a problem. Is there any way around it?

I have successfully mounted MacOS-generated DOS partitions on several
different disks, but I don't have a Zip drive to try.

It might be tricky to mount a disk formatted on a PC, since there
won't then be any Apple Partition Map to read. You could always try to
mount the whole device as an msdos fs, without a disklabel, as in

	mount_msdos /dev/sd1c /mnt/dos