Subject: Re: NuBus Adapter for IIsi
To: KITAMURA Yasuichi <kita@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/1998 22:05:43
On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, KITAMURA Yasuichi wrote:

> By the way, in case the ethernet card got broken, I have to switch to
> IIsi. And my question is the ethernet card for Mac II series with
> NuBus adapter for IIsi works with NetBSD/mac68k? I could not find out
> the NuBus adapter on the web page of the ethernet status.

The NuBus adapter itself is not an ethernet card, so it won't be on the
Ethernet status page. :-)

The NuBus adapter lets you plug in any (*) NuBus card - so the supported
status really depends on the card, not the adapter.

My IIsi has an Asante Ethernet card in it.

Take care,

Bill

(*) There are serious power limits in the IIsi, and a full length NuBus
card might get in the way of the hard disk. If it's a 7" card which plays
by the rules about power, you're fine.