Subject: Re: stylewriter II
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/1998 14:06:01
> > So I looked in my error file /var/log/lpd-errs and found this:
> >
> >   /usr/local/sbin/stylps: /usr/local/gnu/bin/gs: permission denied
> > /usr/local/sbin/lpstyl: printing started
> > /usr/local/sbin/lpstyl: printing finished, exiting
>
> First, make sure you have the ghostscript package installed. It will
> go into /usr/pkg/bin/gs. Then either change the bogus path, or make a
> link at the expected location.

The ghostscript package-  I downloaded something called ghostscript4.03.
(ghostscript-4.03.tar)  it was about 8.9 megabytes.
It has 873 files in a directory called gs4.03.

   I'm thinking maybe ghostscript is not installed correctly.  I just
used the netBSD68k installer to install it.  Then I put it in the
directory recommended by monroe Williams(the creator of the stylwriter
driver) /usr/local/gnu/bin and renamed it "gs" (from gs4.03) so it would
be consistent with whatever Mr. Williams had written in his stylewriter
driver package.

   I was also looking at the README files that came with the ghostscript
package;  one had a really complicated procedure for installation on UNIX
systems.  I hope I don't have to follow that.

  1.  Did I miss something in this installation?

   2.  Does ghostscript need to be compiled?

  3.  Where can I learn more about how to set up a printer on netBSD
1.3.2

Thanks a lot if any one can help.

   Guy