Subject: booting problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1998 00:22:36
Hello,

having had probles with 1.3.2 and -current, i went back to 1.3.1.

I'm not sure what i've done wrong, but my NetBSD machine keeps hanging for
some reason. I had NetBSD 1.3.1 on my quadra700 for months, but when i just
tried rebooting with it installed, it failed.

I now crash when i run mount -uw / (so i can vi /etc/rc.conf)
with panic: vm_page_alloc

a trace shows:
_Debugger(
_panic(
_vm_page_alloc(
_vm_fault(
_trap
faultstkadj(

when i restarted, i was able to edit /etc/rc.conf, but then booting broke
with the same reason after trying to start network. trace shows the same as
above.

my quadra700 has 20MB ram. i have a 80MB internal macos HD, and an external
270MB quantum prodrive which has a 32MB swap partition and the rest being a
root&usr partition. i used NetBSD/mac68k Installer 1.1g, and Mkfs 1.45.

any ideas? if any more information is needed, i'll gladly provide it.

thanks,

  - a