Subject: Re: Classic II supported?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Pachla <peter.pachla@vectrex.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1998 01:07:18
Hi Bill,

  >> I was wondering whether NetBSD will run on a "Classic II"....

  >I think it is, but I'm not sure. Oh, it's on the serial console-only list.
  >We're having difficulties with its video driver. Others can say more. :-)

Thanks, at least that gives me somewhere to start....

  >You most certainly can use any hard disk. The disadvantage of not being an
  >"Apple" drive is that Apple's disk tools won't work on the drive w/o a
  >modification to the disk tools program.

Yes, I have (had) a program that would let me set up any SCSI drive on the
Mac....however it's on the internal Quantum 80Mb drive inside my Classic II
which has given up the ghost (drive is OK, just that the on board ROM has gone
bad and I don't have a copy of it so that I can burn another).

I was toying with the idea of putting a 1Gb drive in there for NetBSD.

  >> Finally will X run on this system?

  >An X server (the screen)? Not unless someone fixes the video driver....

Ah well.... ;-)

  TTFN - Pete.

--
ICQ# 12560790 (Currently unavailable)

Peter Pachla: Computer Hardware/Software Engineer,
               Collector Of Arcade Machines & Obsolete Computers,
               Sound Engineer,
               Barman(!),
               General Fun Guy....