Subject: Re: startx hangs with 800x600 pixels (15 inch)
To: charlie an <charlie@tradeit.com>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1998 11:48:00
> ... in the dialog box brought up by the "monitor" menu item of the
> booter application, the "Change resolution" check box is grayed out
> (I can't recall if it's already checked) and the 600x400 radio
> button is checked by default. I wonder if it was telling me that my
> video card wouldn't work in other resolutions? But why?

	It depends on the version of the Booter (early versions were
not able to change resolution), but it probably means that the version
of the MacOs that you are running doesn't support the Display Manager.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "reality is that which     |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  |  doesn't go away when you  |