Subject: Re: Quadra 950
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/1998 14:03:54
> It's in a similar boat with the IIfx and Quadra 900.  On these three
> machines, Apple installed "IOP"s that handle ADB, serial I/O and at
> least in the IIfx, SCSI.  These IOPs are barely mentioned in Apple's
> documentation.  They're basically 6502 processors that are dedicated
> to doing I/O, but that's about all I know about them.

I forgot to mention that it is possible to get the machine up and
running basically as a network server with no console, but I don't think
that's what you're looking for...

-allen

BTW, Dan's mail server doesn't know user danarchyendeneu and seems to
think that I'm trying to use him as a relay!?

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com
       Try free *nix: http://www.netbsd.org/, http://www.freebsd.org/,