Subject: Re: Quadra 950
To: dan dockery <danarchyendeneu@mail.endeneu.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/1998 13:59:38
> Say, I just got a Quadra 950 and thought I'd put NetBSD on, but it's not
> listed as fully supported on the NetBSD pages.  On the MacBSD page, all of
> the portions are listed assupported except for the ADB.  Does anyone know
> if this is out of date?
> Is the Quadra 950 supported, and if not, what is needed to get it working?

It's in a similar boat with the IIfx and Quadra 900.  On these three
machines, Apple installed "IOP"s that handle ADB, serial I/O and at
least in the IIfx, SCSI.  These IOPs are barely mentioned in Apple's
documentation.  They're basically 6502 processors that are dedicated
to doing I/O, but that's about all I know about them.

I've also just picked up a Q950 and I'm hoping to work some more on it
after I take delivery.  It's not going to be a quick fix...  :-(
I know that the Linux/mac68k folks were working on it, too, and I'm
going to drop them a line to see if we can work together to get these
things working.

...This is assuming that I can figure out why my Q700 is not getting
along with its disks at the moment.  *sigh*

-allen

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com
       Try free *nix: http://www.netbsd.org/, http://www.freebsd.org/,