Subject: -current / 636
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: William O Ferry <woferry@iname.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/1998 00:16:00
FWIW, Performa 636CD, 20MB, upgraded to true 040, internal IDE &
external 44MB Bernoulli (I know...  but it's a SCSI disk...  =), Comm
Slot ethernet card.  It boots with the GENERIC-88 kernel, and even
detects wd0 (didn't know it had worked into the -current sources yet).
It seems to have two problems, though.

	First off, ethernet fails miserably.  If I specify the root device as
sn0 or try to ifconfig sn0, the system locks up.  If the first key I hit
is the 3-key reset sequence it seems to work.  If I try to drop into the
debugger nothing happens, and the reset sequence stops working too.  I
don't see any packets coming out from the machine on another system.

	Also, IDE doesn't seem completely happy.  If I do a disklabel on sd0 it
works, on wd0 it displays what looks like a valid label, then panic's at
the end.  Here's the output:

Kernel Illegal Instruction trap.
trap type 2, code = 0x0, v = 0x0
kernel program counter = 0x19c
kernel: Illegal instruction trap
pid = 3, pc = 0000019C, ps = 2704, sfc = 1, dfc = 1
[...]
panic: Illegal instruction
Stopped in sh at        _Debugger+0x6:  unlk    a6
db> t
_Debugger(2704,4ba208,775e68,137a80,1376da) + 6
_panic(1376da,0,2004,100,120) + 50
_trap(2,0,0) + 2367
fault() + c
db>

	I know that doesn't help much.  Unfortunately that's all "t" gives...
=(  I'm not sure if this is related to the more than one disk problem
that's been mentioned recently.

	Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

                                                         Will Ferry