Subject: Re: -current kernel problems
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/1998 20:06:09
At 6:01 PM -0500 11/10/98, Allen Briggs wrote:
>I'm not getting GENERIC or a custom config'd kernel to boot on my Q700
>at the moment.  They don't make it out of the fsck stage (I do have two
>drives active in the system).  I'm going to be looking into this some
>more, but I don't have a lot of free time--just wanted to add a data
>point right now.  This is a -current as of a day or two ago, compiled
>with a -current system built a while back.

I can relate. I just downloaded the snapshot that GENERIC #87 is in and
booted using #87. i think i got some kinda of vm_fault as a panic message
during the 4th step of fsck. I have a quadra 700 which i can mess around
with so if anyone wants me to test anything, i'm willing.

maybe my problem is totally unrelated. i don't know.

later,

  - a