Subject: Re: Imagewriter II
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/09/1998 11:35:12
On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> The hardware handshaking option would be more suitable if you intend
> to play with the colors or graphics modes. Adding something like this
> to your printcap should do.
>
> :br#9600:xc#0177777:ms=-noparity,-opost:

I'd recomend dumping the xc, xs, fc, fs printcap options in favor of the
ms field. ms can do all the same things, and is a LOT more readable.

You want either crtscts or cdtrcts for hardare handshaking (the difference
is whether or not the computer will ask the printer to suspend flow, & I
expect no flow from the printer in this setup so the difference doesn't
matter).

the ms option can take multiple items, so you can do
ms=clocal,crtscts,-opost,-parenb which should get things close. Also, you
can set "raw" defaults for that printer port in the booter, and then the
defaults will match what an stty raw would do. You'd still need the
crtscts, but that'd be about it.

Take care,

Bill