Subject: Re: Imagewriter II
To: Dave <smilncat@terracom.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/09/1998 08:10:24
I've succesfully used an Imagewriter to echo the console, but I never
made a printcap for it.

Since it at least starts out correctly, perhaps an escape character is
getting through and telling it to switch into graphics mode. Does hard
setting it to draft mode, on the panel, make any difference? Draft
quality doesn't have a graphics mode.

It's likely, also, that the handshaking is wrong. The default setting
on the printer is sw2-3 open = hardware handshaking; sw2-3 closed =
software handshaking. I believe that a printcap with no other settings
will default to _software handshaking_. So you'll want to either
change the setting on the printer, or set up hardware handshaking in
the printcap. Changing the switch is probably good enough for a
text-only line printer.

The hardware handshaking option would be more suitable if you intend
to play with the colors or graphics modes. Adding something like this
to your printcap should do.

:br#9600:xc#0177777:ms=-noparity,-opost: