Subject: network+16bppX+netscape+kernel+hw mods questions
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Coevoet <mcoevoet@katho.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/09/1998 10:05:28
Hi,

I have put a Colour Classic and a IIsi in a network (both asante 32K,
LC-PDS
and nubus respectively), I can do ftp (166Kb/s), but a telnet-login
fails (is denied).
Where do I set this thing.  I thought it might be in /etc/ttys, but I
can not guess
which one that would be...  (and where the medium, or the device for it
is set).

I boot in colour on a Colour Classic, startx says 16bits per pixel (I
don't
know if that could be true, I use Xosfa as the X server).  When I run
netscape my display is too small, but when I try the -geometry tag, X
quits.  I fetched one of the first netscape binaries, maybe that is the
reason...

When I build a kernel, I need to use the 'make' distributed with netbsd,

make-3.76 or so doesn't work. Same for compiler tools as cpp.
Why's that?

I found a list of mods for old and newer Macs
(http://www.bekkoame.or.jp/~t-imai/)
eg how to run an iMac@300Mhz.  It also speaks about a mod one can apply
to make
the colour classic display 640x512, instead of 512x384.  Anybody having
done that?

Regards
mcoevoet@katho.be
---
All I need is a faster disk to swap away all those tasks...