Subject: Imagewriter II
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dave <smilncat@terracom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1998 20:32:01
I have an old Imagewriter II, but no instruction manual for it. So I am
just taking stabs at trying to set it up as a line printer in
/etc/printcap. I did figure out how many characters it prints on the page
(length/width) in it's fastest dot matrix mode and I set it accordingly. I
am using a Quadra 700.

So far, the best it will do is print a cover page and then get
approximately a half page through any text file, start printing garbage
characters, and then stop dead. Playing with the buffer option doesn't seem
to help. Setting the baud to anything other than 9600 makes it print
strange garbage. What am I missing?

Is anyone out there using an Imagewriter II and would like to share a
working printcap config? I've been looking through the mailing list & faq
to no avail.

TIA,
Dave