Subject: Re: Compiling 1.3
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/1998 14:15:16
>On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:
>
>> ld -n -Ttext o -e start -S -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
>>   text    data    bss     dec      hex
>> 1056504  65796  104100  1226400  12b6a0
>> #Nov 5 03:35:11 sendmail[5201]:NOQUEUE:SYSERR(root):hashmap "Alias0":unsafe
>> map file /etc/aliases
>> no such file or directory

and Paul Goyette, Dr. Bill Studenmund and Dave Huang replied:

>The sendmail messasge has nothing to do with building the kernel...

and Dave added:

>It's just a coincidence that the sendmail error happened to show up right
>after you built the kernel... it has nothing to do with the kernel
>compilation. Your new kernel is fine :)
>
>To fix the sendmail error, make sure you have an /etc/aliases file (you
>should; it comes in the etc distribution set), then run "newaliases" as
>root.
>--

Good show! Thanks guys! I have added a note to that effect to my copy of
the install instructions - you might want to do the same in the official
copy.

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)