Subject: Re: Booter for Mac
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1998 14:46:52
> IIRC, the L*nux/mac68k crowd started off with the MacBSD booter code and
> later switched to a booter that supports the L*nux (ELF) kernel format.
> Unifying teh booters would also mean unifying the way of feeding boot
> parameters to the kernel.

Which probably wouldn't be a bad thing.  ;-)
I don't know if there's any push to support ELF for m68k on NetBSD.
I think there was some desire for this at one time, though.

> And then, there's always the licensing issue...

One solution might be to make the booter completely public domain.  I
don't know if the current authors would go for that, but I think that
license type is acceptable to both NetBSD and Linux projects.

-allen

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com
       Try free *nix: http://www.netbsd.org/, http://www.freebsd.org/,