Subject: Re: Booter for Mac
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1998 13:29:55
At 4:29 Uhr +0100 31.10.1998, Allen Briggs wrote:

 [{L*nux,*BSD}/mac68k booters]

>Well, they both boot a free OS on 68k hardware.  ;-)
>
>Actually, I'd be thrilled if someone unified the booters--or at least
>looked into making the NetBSD kernel bootable by a Linux/mac68k booter
>or made Linux/mac68k bootable by the NetBSD booter.

IIRC, the L*nux/mac68k crowd started off with the MacBSD booter code and
later switched to a booter that supports the L*nux (ELF) kernel format.
Unifying teh booters would also mean unifying the way of feeding boot
parameters to the kernel.

And then, there's always the licensing issue...

	hauke