Subject: Re: Printing with LW
To: None <Jeff.R.Woolley-1@tc.umn.edu>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/28/1998 11:30:16
> I have been assigned the task of setting up a print spooler using a SE/30
> and Apple LaserWriter. Eventually this will serve 6 machines -- Next,
> Sparc, Sun, and HP.

> How would I go about doing this, since this is an AppleTalk printer. Can
> NetBSD print to AppleTalk printers?

You may want to look at CAP package, I believe it is in the pkgsrc
tree. If not, start from http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/appletalk
and compile it yourself. Here is the list of FTP mirrors:

        munnari.OZ.AU           (in mac/cap.patches)
        rutgers.EDU             (in src/cap60.patches)
        gatekeeper.DEC.COM      (in pub/net/appletalk/cap/cap.patches)
        ftp.kuis.kyoto-u.AC.JP  (in net/cap/cap60.patches)
        src.doc.ic.AC.UK        (in mac/multigate/cap.patches)

	Taras Ivanenko.