Subject: Re: How to install...
To: None <eyes@internetcom.com.br>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/28/1998 23:39:44
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:26:37 +0200, Philippe wrote:
> =

> I=B4ve downloaded the entire folder named mac68k  and this folder came=
 whith
> some foldar named:instalation (misc (booter 1.111, MKS 1.45, Mac 68
> installer, Mode 32 installer)
> binary (Kernel - BSDSUM, CKSUM, MD5, netbsd-GENERIC.gz ,
> netbsd-GENERICSBC.gz, SYSVSUM) and (SETS - base.tgz , BSDSUM , CKSUM,
> COMP.TGZ, etc.tgz , kern.tgz, kern_sbc.tgz, mantgz, MD5, misc.tgz, SYS=
SUM,
> xserver.tgz)
> And also two archives named  Install and Source_date.
> All this files came from
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG//pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.2/mac68k

Sounds good so far.  Did you read the file INSTALL?  It has the
necessary information to install the files.

> > > 2. Shoul I  make a partition in the aPPLE DRIVE SETUP ?  bUT iLL H=
AVE TO
> > > INSTALL mAC oS again... Right ?
> >
> > It depends on how you want to install.  If you choose to accomodate =
both
> > MacOS and NetBSD on a single disk drive, you will have to repartitio=
> > the drive which usually means you will also have to reinstall MacOS.=

> > But if you choose to install NetBSD on a separate disk drive, you do=
n't
> > have to repartition your MacOS drive at all.
> =

> Well thats all right, i have a syquest 120MB   I can startup my comput=
er  so
> i=B4ll format  the hole HD  whith 500MB for  NETBSD... but my partitio=
n have to
> be  root and user  boot together ?

Ur... I don't understand what you mean.  You should have at least two
partitions, one for swap and the other for the filesystem.  They can be
of any type; Mkfs utility can turn them into NetBSD partitions.

> I mean,  i want to  run  a good system , conect to internet , have som=
> programs ...

500M should do it, at least for now.  Later you might want to add more
disks, as you install more add-on software.

> Ahhh i forgot to tell u,  I have a US robotics modem 14.4
> external  it will work ?

No problem.

> Whats this ? BTW ?

Oops, sorry.  It stands for "By The Way".

Ken