Subject: Re: Printing with LW
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/28/1998 05:38:43
>I have been assigned the task of setting up a print spooler using a SE/30
>and Apple LaserWriter. Eventually this will serve 6 machines -- Next,
>Sparc, Sun, and HP.
>
>How would I go about doing this, since this is an AppleTalk printer. Can
>NetBSD print to AppleTalk printers?

What model of LaserWriter is it? Some models can also do IP printing. Some
have multiple porta at the end which can be configured to speak different
protocols. Some use regular serial & not localtalk (i.e. the Mac gives you
a choice of printer/modem ports when you select that printer's chooser
extension).

NetBSD can speak AppleTalk, but it can't do so over LocalTalk.

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.