Subject: fun with hard drives
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/27/1998 17:40:40
Thanks to everyone's help on the disk problems I had. The 1.3.2 NCR kernel
seems to like the 3.2 GB drive much better than the 1.3.1 SBC kernel did
(knock on wood), and now that I repartitioned it to keep everything at sd0g
or before, things are much happier. Now that I actually have multiple
partitions, though, I've run into the df bug (df listing sizes cumulatively
instead of individually).

>From the list archive, I see mention that this was fixed in current
sometime in April or before. Can I just sneak into current and grab the df
executable or were there other mods to the kernel or libraries which fixed
it? If the former, I'd like to grab the working version; if the latter I'll
probably just write a perl wrapper to use.

Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>