Subject: Re: problem w/ NetBSD on a Powerbook Duo 230
To: Christopher Pinon <pinon@phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1998 11:02:41
..
> However, the booting ended with the following lines at the top of a white
> screen:
>
> [ preserving 323395 bytes of netbsd symbol table ]
> Bootstrapping NetBSD/mac68k.
> Getting mapping from MMU.
>
> The cursor froze just below the third line---I couldn't type anything.

	Hi Christopher. Basically, the kernel you are booting with is
not compatible with Duos. The only kernel that I have found that does
is an old 1.2-based one which can be found here:

http://www.axlight.com/people/daishi/macbsd/netbsd-e.html

1) I think you need to install an older set of packages on your Zip
   disk. The 1.3.2 binaries will not run with this 1.2 based kernel

2) The author of this kernel had to make some changes to the VIA
   register and serial port mapping code. I also think that there
   are some memory mapping issues that have yet to be resolved on
   the Duos, but haven't had time to investigate yet.

3) As far as I know, none of these changes have ever been applied to
   the current kernels

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "reality is that which     |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  |  doesn't go away when you  |