Subject: ZIP instructions (was: problem w/ NetBSD on a Powerbook Duo 230)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1998 09:38:48
     Hi All,

>1. I partitioned a new Zip disk using the (patched) Apple HD SC Setup.  The
>space I alotted to each partition was:
>Swap: 6 Mb
>Root: 14 Mb
>Usr: 76 Mb
>HFS "MacOS": 2 Mb
>This is intended to be a small system!  After all, a Zip disk contains only
>slightly over 98 Mb of useable space.

This reminds me of the ZIP step-by-step install instructions that I wrote
some time ago. Among other things, it describes a better filesystem setup.
The file used to be available on the MacBSD servers but seems to have been
replaced by the very brief original ZIP-howto which IMNSHO may be helpful
for an experienced NetBSD hacker but is likely to confuse a new user (which
is why I wrote my version :-)

Does anybody know what happened to it?

Best wishes,

          Nico

--
Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes   Computer-Chemie-Centrum
hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de     Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg