Subject: Re: problem w/ NetBSD on a Powerbook Duo 230
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Christopher Pinon <pinon@phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/24/1998 20:27:01
>The basic problem is that I'm fairly sure NetBSD 1.3.2 does _not_ support
>your Mac.  It's conceivable that -current does support it, but I'm not too
>sure anyone has tried booting a duo lately.  There is also the minor
>problem that -current kernels haven't been behaving very well for the last
>2 months :-(

[snip]

>--
>Colin Wood                                 cwood@ichips.intel.com
>Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation

Alas, you may be right.  The INSTALL guide (p. 11) states that Duo-series
Macs "may still work with a serial console", although video support
shouldn't be expected.  So I was hoping for the best.  It would interest me
if others can confirm what Colin says, viz., that NetBSD 1.3.2 doesn't
support the Duo 230.

Thanks,
Ch. Pinon