Subject: Re: is any floppy boot possible ?
To: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/23/1998 20:16:51
At 22:08 Uhr +0200 22.10.1998, Simon Raahauge DeSantis wrote:

>On top of this, last time I checked floppy support wasn't quite ready
>for prime time (though Hauke Faith(sp?) might've made inroads since I
>last tried to load the lkm).

No, unfortunately things are (more or less) still where I left them in May.

o  There is no support for MFM (I don't know enough about the
   SWIM register model).
o  There is no support for '040 Macs beside the Q700 which seems
   to be the only 040 machine using a SWIM and not a SWIM II.

I broke down sometime in May and acqired the Jasik's Debugger/MacNosy
combo; but due to professional and private requirements I have not been
able to do serious work with it.

Sorry,

	hauke