Subject: Re: replacing log witha new volume
To: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/23/1998 09:29:00
	Assuming the drive is already connection and partitioned I would
	suggest

	partition new disk and add entry to /etc/fstab
	mv /var/log /var/log.old ; mkdir /var/log ; mount /var/log

	then hup whichever daemons are still writing to /var/log,
	and move across the old files (being careful not to overwrite
	anything newly created by daemons in /var/log)

		David/absolute

          -=-  "Give me one last video, just dressed in black"  -=-