Subject: boot dumps into debugger
To: NetBSD-List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: henning loeser <loeser@ma1304.physik.uni-marburg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/23/1998 15:00:44
Hi everyone,
I just compiled a -current Kernel as of last weekends sources and when
trying to boot it the machine dumped into the debugger when trying to run
the swapctl.
I tried to boot with 1.3.2 binaries but a -current kernel. Is that the
problem? Unfortunately I have no clue on how to extract more infos on what
went wrong from the debugger. The whole thing is a Q700 and I would have
liked to get -current running to profit off UVM (?) and to eventually get
internal Video in 256 colors (as the machine doesn't do 2^16 just 2^8
or 2^24 colors ... :-( ) whenever it becomes available.
Can someone point my nose into what I should do to figure out what is
going wrong and what I can do fix it, or help getting it fixed ?

Henning

Henning Loeser            AG-Oberfl"achenphysik, Philipps-Uni-MR
Email:henning.loeser@physik.uni-marburg.de