Subject: Re: =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzIyQzR1Sz4bKEI=?=
To: Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.or.jp>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1998 11:41:18
On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Shigeki Uno wrote:

>  He asked us how to join this MailingList.
>  Go to above URL and he can find form page to join this MailingList.
>  And then fill out the form and send it.
>
>  By the way why he can send this e-mail to this MailingList?

So that he can ask this type of question. :-)

It's a long-standing NetBSD decision to not close the lists. EMail
filtering in the posting process tries to keep out most of the spam. Also,
with closed lists you give folks on news groups problems w/ posting, and
also cross-posting becomes a hassle. Every time someone posts to a couple
of the mklinux lists, it REALLY frustrates me when I reply and my message
bounces from the lists I'm not subscribed to. That response makes me
less-likely to help folks on mklinux lists.

Take care,

Bill