Subject: Re: asm2gas in m68k/fpsp
To: Paul Forgey <paulf@aphrodite.com>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1998 10:01:54
> Ultimately, this kernel goes onto a system 7.0.1 boot floppy, with the
> booter in place of the finder for a diskless workstation.  I may also take a
> look at the booter source code for tftp'ing a kernel, since there isn't much
> room on the floppy!

	Possible, but difficult due to the ethernet drivers issue.
You would need to either:

* Install MacTCP and the ethernet interface drivers,
  which may take up more space than a kernel

or

* Steal the TCP/IP and all ethernet driver code from the
  kernel source, and somehow patch it into the Booter

then implement a tftp on top of that.

	I know my way 'round the Booter source code a bit,
so if you need a hand implementing this, send me an e-mail.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "reality is that which     |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  |  doesn't go away when you  |