Subject: Re: Boot Problem -- ttyflags lock it up - *solved*
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: greg walsh <gwalsh@artec.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1998 13:19:24
At 12:55 PM -0700 on 10/19/98, you wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
>> At 12:02 AM -0700 10/18/98, greg walsh wrote:
>> >The boot got stuck in the same place again.  When I pulled the
>>serial
>> >plug out of the printer, the boot continued without a hitch.
>
>[snip]
>
>> Given all of the above I suppose you may have a new, or at least
>>different
>> problem.  Have you played with the serial port settings in the
>>booter?  Dr
>> Bill can give you better information than I as to what might help.
>
>Have youi tried setting clock rates on both pins on the printer port?
>Without those, the changes (which I think are) in this kernel will do
>nothing.

Hey Bill

I haven't tried setting the clock rates yet.  I ran into a small
problem (my ignorence) trying to install Henrys kernel.  He posted me
with the solution to that, and I'll give it a try later today.

I'll need to call epson to get the clock rates for the printer, I'm
doing that today as well.  I poured over all the tech specs that came
with the printer, but that particular piece of info wasn't included.
Guess they never planned on somone wanting to run it on a unix box
without a network card.

Once I get Henry's kernel running and the printer clock sync'd I'll
report back.

Thanks for your help

----
greg walsh ::  Artec Communications  -  gwalsh@artec.com