Subject: Replacing my Hard Drive
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <doerrrk@gte.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/1998 23:07:25
I recently purchased the newest netbsd release.  I use a SPARC ULTRA 2
running Solaris at work and have been wanting to run a UNIX flavored OS
on my wife's Performa 637 at home for awhile now.  I finally found one
that will run on  68k (netbsd of course)  and I am very happy.   I am
planning to upgrade my drive.  I have some off-subject questions that I
hope my fellow port-mac68k friends can help with.  Obviously going
through Apple suppliers will empty my wallet, can I purchase any SCSI 2
drive available?  I have been looking at several locations on the web
and found great deals on a 2.1 Seagate Barracuda SCA 80-pin SCSI 2
drive.  Can I use this in my machine with an adapter?  If so I do not
want an adapter with termination do I?  If anyone can tell me exactly
what I can put in my machine I would be extremely grateful.

Ron