Subject: Classic II (32bit booting ?)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <lechafoinz.vav@france-mail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/1998 23:09:07
Okay, I have just a Classic II with 4MB of RAM
Okay, my hard drive is just a 40MB one
Okay, i run system 7.0.1
=A0=A0=A0 I admit all these things =21 but will I be able to boot in the 3=
2bit adressing mode ?
=A0=A0=A0 Each time I've, tried I got an error (after loading every extens=
ions but before opening the Finder) and I must reboot holding down the shi=
ft key. So I can't launch the Booter. Does someone know where is the probl=
em ? What is wrong with me ? Is there a malediction on me ? on my old love=
d Classic II ? will I be able to run MacBSD ? How ? Is there any alternati=
ve to Booter ? Does MacBSD really need the 32bit adressing mode ? Can't I =
boot MacBSD from a floppy ?
=A0=A0=A0 All these questions are disturbing my nights, I have horrible ni=
ghtemares each times I close my eyes (Bill Gatezilla rushes into my studen=
t room and crunches my Mac, hurling uncoherent things about Untel processo=
rs, Microzoft products and more especially Zin98).
=A0
regards (for those who will restore peace in my soul)
Chafoinz

----- La messagerie itin=E9rante sans abonnement France-mail -----
Web : www.france-mail.com      Minitel : 3614 et 3623 FRANCEMAIL
                  T=E9l : 08 36 69 00 21