Subject: Re: Can video shift be corrected without a -current kernel?
To: Roger Fischer <roger@badger1.net>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/1998 22:01:37
>I'm in the same boat.  640x480 works, on my Centris 610 internal video, but
>800x600 wraps.  I was able to use the SLOTMAN_HWD_SBC kernel to get decent
>video, but that's probably overkill, and ... it kills my "ps" command.
>
>Is there a way I could take just the video driver out of
>-current, and compile it with the rest of the standard 1.3.2 source and get
>a kernel that doesn't wrap my display?  I don't think I'm ready to jump
>into -current completely.

You could probably try to merge the grf driver and some of machdep.c from the
-current kernels into source for the kernel you're working from. However, I
would recommend waiting for the major bugs in -current to get fixed.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill