Subject: Re: BIND
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/1998 10:08:31
On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Paul Goyette wrote:

> The named that comes with NetBSD _is_ BIND!
>
> On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Joe Laffey wrote:
>
> > Anyone running BIND on mac68k NetBSD? Is the named that comes with it
> > acceptable, or is BIND really the way to go?

[extracting foot from mouth]

Name Service was the primary impetus behind my setting the box up. My
ISP's DNSes are less than reliable, but the dedicated connection they
provide is rock solid and at a good price. So I want to run a secondary
name server. I have it all configured to do the zone transfers and it
works fine.

Do I need to upgrade to 8.1.2? named does not seem to have a -v option so
I don't know what version I'm running now.

Thanks for your help. Do you suggest any good books to help me get up and
running better?

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging