Subject: X Server probel (with Centris650)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Mahnke,,, <mahnke@physik.uni-kl.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/14/1998 18:23:42
I own a Centris 650 Macintosh Computer and I installed the 1.3.2 MAc NetBSD
I use an 21' COLOR Monitor and the on board graphic.
I just installed the OSFA XServer (color).  My problem is :

When I start X with the startx command I get folliwing message:
   /dev/grf0: Couldn't get video mode information via ROM driver.
   This is not a fatal error.
   I gather there is no ROM driver support for this scren.
   I will treat this screen as StaticGray or TrueColor.
   Screen 0 at 0x423a000, 1152 by 870, 8bpp, row31 1152 fbbase 0.
   root Visual=34(null)
   root Depth =8

The XServer starts, but the display has moved to the right side ( I
believe the Base address does not work ).
(When I move my mouse pointer to the left side it'll come back in at the
right side of the screen)
I read the FAQ and the Instructions for the OSFA Server, but I got no hint
how to fix this Problem - does anybody out there know how to fix it.
Thanks
   Peter