Subject: X (more)
To: NetBSD Digest <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark de Jong <mdj@home.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/1998 21:43:36
Ok. I've got X up and running. And I've been playing around a bit, but I'm
still confused (tho, not as confused as before ... there's hope! <grin>)

There seems to be a connection between running "xsm" and having title bars
on the windows. In other words, if I run "xsm", then the windows of "xterm"
and "xclock" (the two x apps I've been playing with) have title bars.
Otherwise, they don't.

Is this a function of xsm? Or should there be title bars regardless?

Also, sometimes windows don't have scroll bars when they need them ... and
sometimes scrollbars show up, but I'm able to move the "thumb" off the
scrollbar and onto the X background. This seems like a bug ...

Thanks for the help I've received so far. Please clue me in on these items. :-)

	-- Mark

Mark de Jong                Macintosh Development              mdj@home.com