Subject: X
To: NetBSD Digest <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark de Jong <mdj@home.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/1998 17:51:59
Ok, I'm trying this X window system thing again. <grin>

I've got MI/X running on my MacOS system.

Whenever I try to startup X on my NetBSD system, with either "xinit" or
"startx", I get the following:

=====
xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  no server "X" in PATH

Use the -- option, or make sure that /usr/X11R6/bin is in your path and
that "X" is a program or a link to the right type of server
for your display.  Possible server names include:

xinit:  Server error.
=====

What am I missing? Somehow I need to tell the X client (on my NetBSD
system) where my X server is (on my MacOS computer).

Clues? Need many clues. Thanks.

	-- Mark

Mark de Jong                Macintosh Development              mdj@home.com