Subject: Re: Which kernel?
To: Reinhard Spieker <reinhard.spieker@usa.net>
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1998 17:37:26
On Sun, Oct 11, 1998 at 05:03:06PM -0400, Reinhard Spieker wrote:
> I´m moving from a IIci to a Quadra 650 and need to know now, which kernel
> (GENERIC, GENERICSBC, MRG, MRGSBC, ...) will be the best for this machine.
>
> Or in other words, what´s the difference in all those kernels?
>
> Thanks,
> Reinhard Spieker

The SBC/NCR issue is a moot point for the Q650 since it uses the esp
SCSI driver. I'm using a non-MRG kernel on mine also. So I guess of
those four GENERIC is the way to go (I personally use a custom config
which lacks things I don't need, like ppp/slip and support for 020 and
030).

--
-Simon Raahauge DeSantis