Subject: Re: Asante MacCON+ LC card on a LCIII doesn't work.
To: None <refling@comet.lbl.gov>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1998 23:58:25
On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 22:54:49 -0700 (PDT), Dr. John Refling wrote:
> When booting it gives the message:
> ae0 at nubus0 slot e: failed to detect size of RAM
> and then no network number.
>
> This card uses the DP83932VF chip which I notice is not listed in the
> network card list, except for an apple card.

The sn driver as well as the ae driver has to be modified so that the
device will be recognized a SONIC card instead of a NIC card.  We're
gonna need the DrSW and DrHW codes of your card.  Ok, check out this
page:
	http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/video.html

It's a how-to page describing how you go about getting necessary
information to add support for a new video card, but the section
"Identifying your card" is what you need to do to add support for a
new network card as well (provided that we know SONIC register offsets
and everything).

Try this, and get back to us with the four four-digit numbers.  We'll
see what we can do from there.

Good luck,

Ken