Subject: Re: Path setting
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1998 08:12:55
On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 10:53:48 -0700 (PDT), Dr. Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Why not just use the toor account. It has UID=0, ships with NetBSD, and
> has sh as its shell?

Because I have religious belief against use of any csh variant 8-)
I don't want it to be any user's login shell on my system which I'm
pretty much the only user.

Oh BTW, it may be the case with some braindamaged commercial UNIX that
the system assumes root's shell to be csh, but I'm pretty sure the
kind of idiocy has been kept out of NetBSD.  And as a matter of fact,
I have never accidentally summoned Phil, The Prince of Insufficient
Light, Ruler of Heck, by changing root's shell.

Cheers,

Ken