Subject: Re: Problem with 1.3.2 and X
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/09/1998 08:17:52
> sounds to me like you either didn't install the xfont.tgz distrib set, or
> else managed to install it to the wrong place (i.e. somewhere other than
> /usr/X11R6)

Colin,
    I used the BSD installer to install the xwindows stuff and it put the
font package in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts but there is no metion of
something called "fixed" in any of the sub directories.  I even
re-installed the font package and it still did not work.  The xwindows
distribution is the one that was included in the ftp directory for 1.3.2
so I know I have the corect version.  Is there anyway to change the
default font so this error does not occur?  Also, in the rc.conf do I need
to have xdm set to YES?  When I boot I get an error saying it cannot find
the libarary for the xdm stuff?  I know there is a way to add the X11R6
lib to the lib path with ldconfig but, how can I set that to be done at
boot up?

-Chris Jewell

"If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove,
 before he died what one man's life could be worth,
 I wonder what would happen to this world"

		- Harry Chapin
		  1942-1981