Subject: Re: Path setting
To: None <ledfordm@gpc.peachnet.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1998 22:48:36
ledfordm@gpc.peachnet.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I am used to using bash as my shell but I don't know how to set the
> path and where with csh.  I'm logging directly in as root from the
> console and the only directories in my path
> are /usr/bin:/bin  As root I should have /sbin:/usr/sbin as well.  This is
> a small problem since I can't access all normal files to do mantiaince
> with.  Can someone help me set the path and tell me what file to edit.

in all likelihood you can edit your .profile.  the path is probably
already set in there.  if you're just going to do it on the command line,
this should work:

export PATH=/path/to/bin1:/path/to/bin2:/and/so/on

> I tried to search for the man page but I gues either I didn't install it
> or it's not there.

try:  man 1 sh

it's close enough for now.

you should probably get a copy of a good user-level book on unix just to
start you out, btw.

hope this helps.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation