Subject: Re: Disk Usage...?
To: None <ledfordm@gpc.peachnet.edu>
From: Michael Hendrick <mlh@csranet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1998 21:24:18
> Here is the problem I installed and then booted all checks out fine but
> when I ran df I get that the /home is 84%  used.  I don't know why it's
> doing this since I use ls -al in the /home and it has nothing in it.
> Does anyone know why it could be reporting this wrong?

This happened on my system also when I did a complete install from the
installer, only it was /var (I think it was sd1g).  I just booted single
user and tar'd the directory up into root and ran newfs on the partition.

Since you are running separate usr and var partitions, you could lower
your root partition to something like 20mb (and lower var to 50-60mb) and
gain more space for /usr goodies.

--
 mlh@csranet.com
(Michael Hendrick)