Subject: Telneting from a PC
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nicholas Humfrey <njh1@st-andrews.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1998 16:43:33
I have just added a 386sx to the our mainly Mac network, I have installed
NCSA PC Telnet on it and got it configured to telnet into my Mac68k/NetBSD
machine. I have had a number of problems with it such as not printing
characters until the return key is pressed, showing passwords, when it is
not supposed to etc...
The problem which wont go away is, when the return key is press two new
lines are sent. This means that two command prompts are display when the
return key is pressed once. However if I telnet to a Sun machine from the
NetBSD prompt, this is no longer happens, and it does not happen at the
login: and password: prompts when initially logging in either.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Nicholas